Owner: Saline Water Conversion Corporation
Location: Al-Wajh, Ummlujj, Rabigh, Al-Lith, Qunfuda, Farasan.
Duration: February 2006 to November 2009
Contract Value: 874 Million Saudi Riyals
Scope of Work:
Engineering, Material and Equipment Procurement, Fabrication, Erection and Installation, Testing and Commissioning of all equipment and structures in terms of Turn-key contract. To construct desalination plants at six different locations at the same time in Al-Wajh, Ummlujj, Al-Lith, Qunfuda and Farasan, these plants would supply additional 9,000 cubic meters of potable water each daily, except the new Rabigh plant would supply 18,000 cubic meters of potable water daily.
- Sea Water Intake System.
- 2 x 9,000 m3/day MED Units and its accessories.
- 4 Boilers and its accessories.
- Product Water Potablization System.
- Product Water Surge Protection & Transfer System.
- Product Water Tanks (2 x 9,000)m3.
- Diesel Tanks (2 x 1,500)m3 Equipped with Deluge Fire Protection System.
- Electrical Transformers and Switchgears Equipped with Deluge Fire Protection System, Fire Alarm & Smoke
- DCS and Instrument Air System.
- In-Plant Communication System.
- Construction of Buildings for Offices, Control Rooms, Stores & Workshops.
- Fire Fighting system.
- Blowdown Piping System.
- Tie-In with existing Central Control Room.